
Kid Cudi, the rapper, testified on Thursday in Sean “Diddy” Combs’ sex trafficking and racketeering trial. He claimed that his car was unsalvageable following a firebombing that prosecutors have accused Combs of orchestrating after he discovered that the rapper was dating Cassie Ventura. Additionally, Kid Cudi accused Combs of breaking into his house.
KEY FACTS
- In 2011, Kid Cudi, whose real name is Scott Mescudi, testified that he briefly dated Ventura while she was on a break in her on-again, off-again relationship with Combs. He acknowledged that they “had some problems,” according to CNN.
- The rapper testified that Ventura informed him that Combs would “hit her, sometimes kick her,” which he found to be distressing.
- Kid Cudi testified that Ventura contacted him in December 2011 in distress after Combs learned of her relationship with him. He then transported her to a nearby hotel, where they conversed with one of Combs’ employees. The employee informed them that Combs and his associates had broken into Kid Cudi’s residence.
- Kid Cudi testified that he contacted Combs and inquired, “Motherf——, are you in my house?” Combs responded with a composed “I am here waiting for you.” However, upon Kid Cudi’s return home, he testified that Combs was not present, but several of his possessions had been relocated, according to NBC News.
- Prosecutors presented the jury with photographs of Kid Cudi’s damaged vehicle, which the rapper claimed was unsalvageable, while he deposed that it was set ablaze by a Molotov cocktail in January 2012.
- According to the Associated Press, the rapper testified that he was convinced that Combs was “involved” in the vehicle explosion. However, the defense objected and told the jurors to disregard the statement.
- The rapper testified that Combs’ demeanor was “like a Marvel supervillain” and that he claimed to be unaware of the topic Kid Cudi was discussing after the rapper inquired about his devastated car during a meeting with Combs, Ventura, and Kid Cudi following the car bombing.
- Years later, Combs and Kid Cudi encountered one another, and Combs informed the rapper, “Man, I just want to apologize for everything and all that,” according to Kid Cudi.
- Ventura testified last week that Combs had expressed his desire to destroy Kid Cudi’s vehicle, and prosecutors had previously accused Combs and his co-conspirators of setting fire to the vehicle.
Who is Kid Cudi?
In 2012, Kid Cudi, a 40-year-old rapper and actor, was awarded two Grammy Awards for his successful collaboration with Kanye West and Rihanna, “All of the Lights.” He is renowned for his successful “Man on the Moon” album trilogy and most recently released the album “Insano (Nitro Mega)” in February. He has appeared in the films “Bill & Ted Face the Music” (2020), “Crisis” (2021), and “X” (2022), and he has executive produced the films “Malcolm & Marie” (2022), “Pearl” (2022), and “MaXXXine” (2024).

What was the method by which the lawyers of Combs interrogated Kid Cudi?
Lawyers representing Combs depicted Ventura as deceptive of both men during the defense’s cross-examination of Kid Cudi. Brian Steel, the attorney for Combs, inquired of Kid Cudi whether he and Combs were “played” by Ventura. The rapper replied, “Yes.” Despite Ventura’s testimony last week that she continued to experience “freak offs” with Combs during their relationship breaks, Kid Cudi stated, “She told me they were broken up and I took her word for it.”
What have prosecutors stated regarding Kid Cudi’s automobile?
Prosecutors previously accused Combs of kidnapping an unnamed individual with a co-conspirator to breach into the residence of another unnamed individual, referred to as “Individual-1,” on Dec. 22, 2011, in a memo filed in New York court in September. About two weeks later, prosecutors claimed that Combs’ co-conspirators ignited Individual-1’s vehicle. The co-conspirators are purported to have severed the convertible’s top and thrown a Molotov cocktail inside.
The fire was intentionally set, according to prosecutors, and multiple witnesses purportedly testified that Combs had bragging about setting fire to the car. Police and fire department officials also concluded that the fire was intentional. Rolling Stone obtained a police report from the time that indicates Kid Cudi’s vehicle was incinerated by a “incendiary device” on January 9, 2012. In November, representatives for Kid Cudi verified Ventura’s account of the purported arson to the New York Times: “This is entirely accurate,” stated a spokesperson for the rapper.
News Peg:
Prosecutors announced on Wednesday that Kid Cudi would be called to the stand on Thursday morning, following a postponement from the previous day. Prosecutors anticipate that his testimony will be brief, as they intend to present approximately five witnesses on Thursday. The rapper has been referenced on numerous occasions throughout the trial thus far: During her nearly week-long testimony, Ventura disclosed that she briefly engaged in a romantic relationship with Kid Cudi during a period of separation from Combs in 2011.
Ventura testified that Combs became “so enraged” after learning about the relationship that he kicked her in the back, resulting in a significant welt. Combs subsequently informed Ventura that he intended to detonate Kid Cudi’s vehicle and that he wanted his associates to witness the event, she testified. Ventura informed the court that she subsequently severed her relationship with Kid Cudi in order to safeguard him.
Ventura testified that she met with Combs and Kid Cudi at the Soho House in Los Angeles to discuss the termination of her relationship with the rapper. During the meeting, Kid Cudi inquired about Combs’ vehicle. Combs responded, “What vehicle?” according to Ventura’s testimony.
In what ways could Kid Cudi’s testimony be beneficial to the prosecution?
According to Rachel Maimin, a former federal prosecutor in New York court, Kid Cudi’s testimony could assist the government in substantiating its racketeering charge if it can demonstrate to the jury that Combs utilized his financial resources and influence to damage Kid Cudi’s vehicle. “This may serve as an explanation for how he leveraged his business empire to support the prosecution’s objective of establishing the racketeering enterprise,” Mamin stated.
What additional statements did Ventura make regarding Kid-Cudi in her lawsuit?

Ventura claimed in her lawsuit that Combs had discovered her brief relationship with Kid-Cudi during a “freak-off.” Prosecutors described this incident in their indictment as coerced, “elaborate and produced sex performances” in which Combs would use “force, threats of force, and coercion to cause victims to engage in extended sex acts with male commercial sex workers.” Ventura claimed that Combs had “requested” that she participate in a “freak-off” following his return from a vacation, and she had agreed.
Ventura claimed that Combs discovered her phone and e-mails that had been shared between Ventura and Kid Cudi during the freak-off. This prompted him to lunge at her with a corkscrew. According to the lawsuit, Ventura retreated and sought refuge at Kid-Cudi’s residence. Combs’ staff contacted Ventura, who informed her that Combs needed to speak with her. Ventura returned to Combs’ residence, feeling as though she could not evade Mr. Combs and his network of enforcers, according to the lawsuit.
Ventura claimed that Combs struck her multiple times and booted her in the back as she attempted to flee the house upon her arrival. The suit alleges that Ventura fled to her parents’ residence in Connecticut, where her mother captured photographs of the injuries Combs allegedly inflicted on her.
Ventura was informed by Combs during their attendance at Paris Fashion Week in February 2012 that he intended to detonate Kid-Cudi’s vehicle and that he hoped the rapper and his pals would be at home during the incident. Ventura claimed that she was “terrified” after the car purportedly exploded, as she began to fully understand the extent of Mr. Combs’ willingness and ability to harm those, he believed had wronged him, according to the lawsuit.
1 thought on “Kid Cudi Reveals Shocking Home Invasion by Diddy Before His Car Was Firebombed”